Get ready to shower the mom-to-be with love and laughter (and not just because she’s trying to waddle her way through the room)! We all know that baby showers are all about celebrating the impending arrival of a little bundle of joy, but let’s not forget the real MVP in this whole equation–mama herself. So, if you’re looking for baby shower gift ideas for mom that will make her grin from ear to ear (and maybe even forget about those swollen ankles for a moment), I’ve got you covered. From practical essentials to hilarious surprises, this list has it all. Because let’s face it, motherhood is no easy feat, so why not give her something that’ll make her laugh and say “thank you” at the same time?
Now if you can’t stick around to view my top baby shower gifts for mom and dad here’s a quick list of ideas to get you started.
Baby Shower Gift List
1. Essential baby care items – diapers, wipes, diaper rash cream, baby lotion, baby shampoo, and soap.
2. Baby clothing – onesies, sleepers, socks, mittens, hats.
3. Nursery essentials – crib sheets, blankets, swaddles or sleep sacks.
4. Feeding supplies – bottles (including different sizes), bottle brushes, breastfeeding accessories (nursing pads or nipple cream), burp cloths.
5. Baby gear – stroller/car seat combo, baby carrier or wrap for hands-free carrying.
6. Safety items – outlet covers, cabinet locks for childproofing the home.
7. Bath time supplies – hooded towels and washcloths.
8. Nursery furniture – crib mattress protector/cover.
9. Toys and books appropriate for newborns and infants.
10. Personalized gifts such as monogrammed blankets or onesies with the baby’s name on them.
11. Baby monitor to keep an eye on the little one while they are sleeping in their nursery.
12. Gift cards to purchase any additional items that may be needed after the baby arrives.
13. Portable changing pad for on-the-go diaper changes.
14. Sound machine to help soothe the baby to sleep.
15. Nursing pillow or support cushion for comfortable feeding sessions.
16. Baby bathtub with a built-in thermometer to ensure safe water temperature.
17. Musical mobile to hang above the crib for visual stimulation and soothing music at bedtime.
18. Baby grooming kit including nail clippers/file and a soft-bristled hairbrush.
19. Diaper bag.
Related: What Is A Diaper Raffle
Baby Shower Gift For Mom Not Baby
Alright, folks, let’s break free from the traditional baby shower gifts and give a well-deserved baby shower gift for mom not baby to the real MVP of this whole shebang! Because let’s be honest, superheroes wear capes, but moms rock spit-up stains like they’re couture fashion.
Mama Must-Have Kit: Who says moms can’t pamper themselves at home? The weight gain, the swelling and new stretch marks are all part of us nourishing and housing are little humans which means it’s a good idea to keep our skin well nourished and hydrated during pregnancy.
A gracious gift that can make mom feel pampered is the HATCH collection mama must-have kit.
- Belly oil.
- Down, girl for swollen legs and feet.
- Nipple & lip moisturizer.
Comfy PJ Set: Being a new mom often means spending lots of time at home cuddling with the baby (and maybe catching up on sleep!). A cozy pajama set made from soft materials will keep her comfortable while still feeling stylish during those precious bonding moments.
I would definitely size up.
- Button-down shirt, which also makes it a perfect nursing pajama set.
- Elastic waistband.
- 2pc pajama set.
Mama Sweatshirt: If you’re unsure about good baby shower gifts for mom you can never go wrong with a mama sweatshirt to welcome the new mom into the club of motherhood.
- Tee-shirt, sweater and hoodie options.
- Sizes small to 3XL.
- Various colors to choose from.
Food Delivery Service Membership: When thinking about baby shower presents for mom we all know superheroes need fuel to keep saving the day (and chasing after crawling babies). Grant mom an effortless way to enjoy delicious meals without lifting a finger–except maybe during dessert time when ice cream is involved! A food delivery service membership ensures warm meals on hectic days, giving mommy dearest more time for snuggles and precious moments.
Professional House Cleaning Services: Oh yes, you read that right! Give mom a helping hand by arranging professional house cleaning services so she can focus on being an extraordinary mother without worrying about dirty dishes or piles of laundry lurking behind her cape… umm, I mean couch.
Think outside the box when thinking of the best gifts for a baby shower.
“Mommy & Me” Classes: Who says mom can’t have some fun while bonding with the little one? Search in your area to find a mommy & me class and enroll her in a series of “mommy and me” classes. Not only will mom get to explore new hobbies, but she’ll also create beautiful memories with her mini-me. Plus, these classes provide an excellent opportunity for moms to meet other moms.
Nespresso Coffee Machine- A Nespresso machine is what coffee dreams are made of and for new moms surviving on fumes there’s nothing like a good cup of coffee to keep them going through the day. And I promise she’ll never want to go back to a regular cup.
Oversized Knitted Coat– For those cooler nights when mom is carrying a baby in the carrier or when she can no longer fit her pre-pregnancy coats. Another cardigan option is from Storq. It’s beautiful and can be worn at any stage of pregnancy and beyond. Spacious enough to wrap their little one up while breastfeeding too.
Useful Baby Shower Gifts
While it’s all fun and games until someone has to change a diaper, no worries–I’ve rounded up some seriously useful baby shower gifts that will make you the talk of the town (in a good way). Say goodbye to boring onesies and hello to presents that both parents and their little bundle of joy will truly appreciate.
Portable White Noise Machine – Snooze on the Move! You may know that feeling when you finally get your little one to sleep after countless lullabies, only for a noisy neighbor or passing car to wake them up.
Enter the portable white noise machine–an absolute lifesaver! With soothing sounds like ocean waves or gentle rain, this clever gadget drowns out unwanted disturbances while promoting better snoozing for both baby and exhausted parents.
- (6) White noise.
- (7) Baby sounds.
- (8) Nature sounds.
- Comes in 5 colors.
Diaper Caddy Organizer – Diapers? Check. Wipes? Check. Extra clothes? Check. Oh wait, where did that pacifier go again? Fear not, because with a diaper caddy organizer, everything is within arm’s reach during those frantic moments when you need it most (read: explosive diaper situations).
These are also lifesaver especially when you’re still trying to get adjusted. No need to turn their living room into a mad scramble every time nature calls.
Baby Monitor – Peek-a-Boo 2.0! Remember when peek-a-boo was all about hiding behind hands? Well, times have changed! A baby monitor now takes game night to another level by allowing parents to keep an eye on their munchkin remotely, even two-way talk.
Plus, these nifty gadgets often come equipped with built-in lullabies, temperature sensors, and night vision capabilities. It’s like having a personal assistant for your baby!
- 5” screen.
- Sound level LED indicator.
- Wall mounting.
Funny Baby Socks- I mean baby will definitely need all sorts of clothing, right? A fun baby shower gift are these cute baby socks that state, “If you can read this, bring my mom a coffee”.
Stroller Set- One of the best baby shower gift ideas I can think of is a travel system. If there is any baby shower present that will be used over and over again by both mom and dad it’s a stroller set.
If you’re unsure whether a pricey gift such as this works for your budget, consider organizing a group gift. Because travel systems are more on the expensive side, they make a great group gift.
Pool contributions from attendees to create a meaningful and memorable present for the mom-to-be. This way, everyone can take part in honoring her while still focusing on the baby.
Thoughtful Gestures: The most forgotten baby shower gifts are those thoughtful gestures. Small gestures can go a long way in expressing your love and support during this exciting time. Adding a heartfelt note or card along with your gift is an excellent opportunity to convey your warm wishes and let the parents know how much you care.
Indi Diaper Backpack- If you’ve been around for a little then you know I love a good Dagne Dover bag. A favorite bag of mine is the Indi backpack which will serve as an extremely useful baby shower gift for the mom, dad can use it too.
The Indi diaper backpack comes in 3 sizes-small, medium, and large, so if you are looking for a small diaper bag you’re covered with three options to choose from. It’s simple but sleek and available in 4 colors with seasonal colors thrown in. But when the seasonal colors are gone, they’re gone!
- Washable zipper bag.
- (2) External front zipper pockets.
- Insulated bottle holder.
- Inside pockets with magnetic closure and velcro.
- Luggage sleeve.
- Clips for stroller attachment.
- Mesh changing pad.
- A Scout pouch for smaller items.
- (2) Key leashes.
- Exterior and internal pockets.
Baby Carrier/Sling Wrap: The Solly Baby wrap is a practical gift that allows hands-free movement while keeping the little one close is invaluable to any mother. Choose a baby carrier or sling wrap that offers comfort, support, and ease of use—making it a win-win for both mom and baby.
- 8-25 lbs newborn carrier.
- Machine washable.
Unique baby shower Gifts For Mom-To-Be
For a moment let’s forget about those typical baby booties and stuffed animals and get into some unique baby shower gift ideas for mom.
1. “First Mommy Meltdown” Wine Labels: Who says being a mom means giving up your love for wine? They specially designed these hilarious mommy milestone wine labels to celebrate each milestone—from sleepless nights to diaper blowouts—because let’s face it, raising a tiny human deserves some well-deserved cheers! Talk about baby shower gift ideas for mom. LOL.
- A few mommy milestones to choose from:
“Public Temper Tantrum”
“Baby Slept Through the Night”
“Goodbye Baby Weight”
“First Day Back to Work”
“Baby Sitter Canceled”
2. Baby Name Customized Jewelry: Why settle for ordinary when you can have extraordinary? Surprise the mom-to-be with personalized jewelry featuring her baby’s name or initials. From delicate necklaces to trendy bracelets, she’ll proudly wear her little one close to her heart (literally).
A stylish baby shower gift for mom not baby.
3. Personalized Silicone Weaning Set- A cool baby shower gift for mom-to-be is an eco-friendly feeding set. Starting solid foods comes faster than we think and having an easy-to-clean reusable baby dishware is always a plus.
What makes this set unique? You can personalize each item within the set with the baby’s name. Pick the font of your choice out of 7 options.
- Choose from six colors.
- Four-piece set: fork & spoon, suction plate, and bib.
4. Personalized Parents-To-Be Book- The sweetest baby shower gift for mom and dad is this colorful personalized baby book. It’s filled with encouraging words for the adventure ahead and keeps mom and dad spirits filled with joy and love.
5. Baby Milestone Cards– Say goodbye to boring milestone cards and hello to some really cute ones that keep you on track to set up your photoshoot to capture each milestone. These cute oversized photo props will help the mom-to-be document her baby’s first steps, giggles, and even tantrums. Plus, they’re Instagram-worthy!
What Can I Ask For Instead Of Gifts At A Baby Shower?
When it comes to baby showers, the joy and excitement of welcoming a new bundle of joy into the world are often accompanied by generous gift-giving. While gifts can be wonderful, some parents-to-be may prefer alternative options that align better with their needs and values. If you find yourself in this situation or simply want to explore alternative creative gifts for a baby shower, here’s a list of friendly suggestions for what you can ask for or what you can give instead of traditional gifts at a baby shower.
1. Diaper Drive: Ask your guests to bring an assortment of diapers! From newborn sizes to larger ones, these essential items will undoubtedly come in handy during those early weeks and beyond. Consider requesting different brands or organic options if that’s important to you.
2. Gift Cards: Gift cards offer flexibility for parents-to-be who may have specific preferences or unexpected needs arising later on. Suggest popular baby stores, online retailers, or even local boutiques where they can find everything from clothing and nursery decor to strollers and car seats.
3. Meal Train: Parenting a newborn requires substantial time and energy, leaving little room for meal preparation. Request friends and family members sign up to provide home-cooked meals after the baby arrives—either as individual dishes or as part of a “meal train” program.
4. Personalized Handmade Items: Encourage loved ones with creative talents to contribute something unique! Whether its handmade blankets, knitted booties, or personalized artwork for the nursery walls—it’ll not only hold sentimental value but also make your little one feel extra special.
5. Babysitting Coupons: Asking friends and family members for babysitting coupons is an excellent option if you anticipate needing help once your little one arrives—a valuable gift that allows mom and dad some well-deserved alone time while ensuring their child is cared for by trusted individuals.
6. Book Collection: Building a library for your child is an investment in their future. Suggest guests bring their favorite childhood books or new ones that hold a special place in their hearts. This thoughtful gesture will not only foster early literacy but also provide cherished memories of the givers. I don’t think anyone could deny this as a wonderful baby shower gift ideas for mom
7. Charity Donations: If you feel passionate about supporting a particular cause, consider asking guests to make donations to a charity instead of bringing gifts.
Are you in charge of planning? Grab my 40 page Baby Shower Planner to help you stay organized.
Baby Shower Gift Etiquette
As you prepare to attend a baby shower, it’s essential to navigate the world of baby shower gift etiquette with warmth and thoughtfulness. Here are some tips to help you choose the perfect gift that reflects your love and excitement for both the parents-to-be and their tiny miracle.
–Be Mindful of the Registry: One of the simplest ways to ensure your gift will be appreciated is by consulting the baby shower registry. Parents usually spend time curating these lists based on their specific needs and preferences. By choosing items from their registry, you not only honor their wishes but also ease any stress they might have about receiving duplicate gifts.
–Consider Practicality: When selecting a gift, keep in mind that practicality often wins over extravagance. New parents are embarking on an incredible journey filled with sleepless nights and countless diaper changes. Gifting them essentials such as diapers, wipes, onesies, or baby care products can be incredibly helpful during those early days.
–Personalize Your Gift: Adding a touch of personalization can make your present extra special. Consider monogramming or customizing items like blankets or bibs with the baby’s name or initials–this adds a heartfelt touch that showcases your affectionate regard for both parents and child.
–The Power of Memories: Sometimes, creating everlasting memories is more valuable than tangible gifts alone! Opting for experiential gifts like photo sessions, memory books, or even a spa day for the parents-to-be can help them cherish these precious moments forever and can be one of the best baby shower gift ideas for mom.
I hope this list of baby shower gift ideas for mom has left you feeling inspired and ready to celebrate the impending arrival in style. Remember, when it comes to spoiling the mama-to-be, think outside the diaper box! From practical necessities to pampering treats, there’s no shortage of ways to show your love and support.
After all, every mom deserves a little extra sparkle as she embarks on this incredible journey called motherhood. Happy shopping!
Baby Shower Gift Ideas For Mom FAQs
Do you buy gifts for the mom at a baby shower?
Traditionally, baby showers primarily revolve around celebrating the upcoming arrival of a new bundle of joy. However, it is equally important to consider how these celebrations can also honor and appreciate moms themselves.
Recognize mom’s role by acknowledging the incredible journey that moms go through during pregnancy and motherhood. They endure countless changes, sacrifices, and challenges along the way. By considering buying gifts specifically for them, you’re recognizing their important role and you’re offering support.
Do you wrap a baby shower gift?
Wrapping a baby shower gift can add an extra touch of excitement and anticipation to the occasion. It’s like giving a beautifully wrapped present on Christmas morning–it just makes everything feel more special! Plus, who doesn’t love tearing open pretty wrapping paper?
When you take the time to wrap your gift, it shows that you’ve put thought and effort into picking something meaningful for the parents-to-be. It adds that element of surprise when they see the carefully concealed package, making them even more eager to find out what’s inside.
Ultimately, whether or not to wrap is entirely up to you. Remember, what matters most is the sentiment behind your gift rather than how it looks on the outside. If wrapping just isn’t workable for whatever reason, no one will judge you–after all, it’s truly about celebrating this special moment together.
Whether it’s a beautifully wrapped package or a stylishly presented bag, the parents-to-be will surely appreciate and treasure your thoughtful gesture.
Are diapers a good shower gift?
While they may not seem like the most glamorous or exciting present, diapers can actually be an incredibly practical and thoughtful gift that will undoubtedly come in handy during those chaotic early months of parenthood.
By gifting diapers, you are providing parents with a much-needed supply that helps ease some of the financial burden associated with having a baby. Unlike other baby gifts that might only be useful for a short period, such as clothes or toys that quickly get outgrown or forgotten, diapers remain relevant throughout a significant part of your little one’s early development. Parents will appreciate receiving different sizes and types of diapers since babies grow rapidly during their first year.