Hey there wanderers and jet-setters! Planning a trip to the beautiful continent of Europe? Well, we all know that when it comes to exploring new cities and soaking up the culture, having the perfect purse is an absolute must, especially if you’re traveling with kids. Not only should it be stylish but also practical enough to keep your essentials safe and organized while you’re on the go. Whether you’re strolling through charming cobblestone streets, in and out of museums with the kids, or hopping on trains for your next adventure, I’ve got you covered with my guide to the best purses for travel in Europe.
From chic crossbody bags, to travel backpack purses, tips and stylish recommendations for a stress-free and fashionable journey across Europe!
Europe continues to be one of the most popular regions for travelers from all corners of the globe. You can explore multiple countries within a short span, which makes it an ideal destination for those of us looking for a diverse experience with minimal travel time. From Parisian streets and Italian countryside to Spanish beaches and Greek islands, it’s like a treasure trove waiting to be discovered!
So let’s get into it.
Various Types Of Bags For Traveling In Europe
1. Compact Crossbody Bags–Your On-the-Go Sidekick: with traversing the bustling streets of Europe’s vibrant cities, a compact crossbody bag is an absolute must-have. Not only do they keep your essentials close at hand, but they also add a touch of chicness to any outfit. Pick one with multiple compartments to keep everything organized as you hop from museums to cafes.
2. Anti-Theft Bags–Safety Meets Style: Safety is paramount while traveling in unknown territories, especially in crowded tourist hotspots. That’s where anti-theft bags come into play! These sleek and sophisticated bags not only offer ample space for all your travel necessities but also feature smart security features like slash-proof materials and hidden zippers for peace of mind wherever you go.
3. Versatile Tote Bags–Ideal for Market Hopping: If visiting local markets or indulging in some retail therapy is high on your European itinerary (which it should definitely be!), then a versatile tote bag should be part of your arsenal. Choose one that has both style and durability so that you can carry home those souvenirs without compromising on fashion-forward flair.
4. Foldable Daypacks–Unleash Your Inner Adventurer: For adventure seekers who plan on hiking through breathtaking landscapes or exploring picturesque countryside villages, a foldable daypack is an absolute game-changer! These lightweight wonders easily fit into larger suitcases when not in use but transform into spacious bags when needed, allowing you to embrace any spontaneous adventure Europe throws your way.
5. Classic Leather Handbags–Timeless Elegance: Last but certainly not least, we cannot overlook the allure of a classic leather handbag. Whether you’re strolling along the Champs-Élysées in Paris or wandering through the charming streets of Florence, a well-crafted leather bag adds an element of sophistication to any ensemble.
Best Purses For Travel In Europe
All Night Festival Bag- Ok so we all know and love Lululemon, right? They’re the reason for the fanny bag craze and now the All Night Festival Bag is yet another fan favorite. It’s a five-liter one size fits all. The All Night Festival bag is a crossbody bag making it one of the best purses for traveling abroad.
- Comes in four colors.
- Adjustable shoulder straps.
- Exterior and interior pockets.
- Wide-opening for easy access.
Micah Neoprene Crossbody- If you’ve been around for a bit you know I love all things Dagne Dover. I haven’t been disappointed yet. If you’re looking for a lightweight good and cute travel purse, then consider the Micah Crossbody. Durability, compatibility, and weight make the Micah one of the best purses for travel in Europe.
- Six main colors and two seasonal ones.
- Phone pocket with magnetic closure.
- Adjustable shoulder strap.
- Exterior and interior pockets.
- Detachable key hook.
The Piazza Crossbody Bag– Some of the best handbags for travel are crossbody bags. They offer security, comfort, and versatility while exploring crowded European cities or using public transportation and they keep your hands free. And not only that they come in a variety of sizes to fit your needs.
The Piazza Crossbody is definitely a stylish bag for travel that comes in a funky fun Jade green and pale daffodil.
- Two ways to carry it. By the braided handles or by the adjustable and removable shoulder strap.
- Magnetic closure.
- Cinched drawstring.
- One size fits all.
Lunar Medium Dome Crossbody- The best bag for traveling Europe is a budget-friendly one. The Lunar Dome crossbody is an affordable option that’s a reliable and stylish travel purse that won’t break the bank.
- Comes in over 20 colors.
- Adjustable shoulder straps.
- Exterior and interior pockets.
Small Leather Crossbody- If you’re looking for a small travel purse this leather crossbody that comes in a variety of vibrant colors should do the trick. Small crossbody bags make the best purses for travel in Europe. Smaller crossbody bags are my go-to when traveling.
- Small and compact.
- Adjustable strap.
- Pick your shoulder strap style.
Mark And Graham Tote- Tote bags with sturdy handles are ideal for travelers who prefer carrying more essentials without sacrificing style. Like a crossbody bag, a tote bag is a great option for travel purses for women. And who doesn’t love a good Mark and Graham tote? This Essential Leather Tote comes in large and small and you can add your personalization if you like.
Longchamp Expandable Travel Bag- Make the Longchamp your go-to Europe travel bag. It’s expandable which also makes it the perfect carry-on bag especially if you’re packing light for a long European weekend getaway.
- Comes in 2 colors.
- Removable strap.
- Water-resistant lining.
- Folds flat to easily stow away.
Best Crossbody Bags For Travel Antitheft
Anti-theft Crossbody Shoulder Bag- One of the best crossbody bags for travel anti-theft you can find on Amazon. Of course, right? This crossbody bag is more in line with a fanny pack that women and men can wear. It’s great because a fanny is kept close to the chest and isn’t too large.
- Comes in five colors.
- Has 5 pockets.
- Anti-scratch and water resistant.
Anti-theft Classic Messenger Bag– A crossbody anti-theft purse that includes seven colors.
- 5-point anti-theft security system.
- Organizational departments.
- Magnetic flap.
- Adjustable strap.
Best Travel Backpack Purse
First things first–let’s talk about practicality. A travel backpack purse is designed with functionality in mind. With multiple compartments and pockets, it ensures that all your essentials are organized and easily accessible. No more rummaging through a bottomless pit of a bag to find your passport or lip balm!
The adjustable straps of these purses allow you to wear them comfortably in whichever way suits your style: as a traditional backpack or as a handbag. This adds convenience but also gives you the freedom to switch up your look effortlessly.
Now let’s dive into the style factor! Travel backpack purses come in an array of fashionable designs and colors that cater to every taste. From sleek leather options for those who prefer sophistication to vibrant patterns for free-spirited adventurers–there’s something out there for everyone.
Essential Backpack- For some the best travel purse for Europe is a backpack purse because of its flexibility to easily transition from a shoulder bag to a backpack and the advantages such as hands-free convenience during long walks or running through the airport.
- Comes in 2 colors.
- Interior zipper.
- Leather or Raffia and leather
Berkeley Tote Pack– Because The North Face never disappoints use the Berkeley Tote as a travel backpack purse to keep your hands free and your personal items secure. This is better used as a purse for traveling aboard and not as a travel bag. It’s the right amount of space to carry your personal items.
- One size.
- Carrying handle or wearing as a backpack.
- Laptop sleeve.
- Exterior pockets and a main interior pocket.
Almost Perfect Tote Backpack- Is there anything better than a classic leather backpack purse? Because of its durability, a leather tote makes one of the best bags for travel in Europe.
- Comes in six colors.
Anti-Theft Backpack Purse- If you’re looking for an anti-theft backpack purse at an affordable price consider the Cluci as one of the best purses for traveling to keep your personal items safe.
- Comes in five colors.
- Can be worn as a shoulder handbag or backpack.
- External and interior pockets.
Tips & What To Look For When Choosing Travel Purses For Europe
1. Keep Your Belongings Safe and Secure: When exploring bustling European cities or wandering through charming cobblestone streets, safety should be a top priority. Opting for a secure purse with sturdy zippers or clasps will help safeguard your belongings from pickpockets who might view tourists as easy targets. Choose one that can be worn across your body rather than simply hanging from your shoulder–an extra layer of protection!
2. Stay Organized on the go: A well-organized purse will be your best friend while navigating unfamiliar territories. Look for multiple compartments or pockets that allow you to separate items like passports, tickets, cash, credit cards, and even emergency contact information in case anything goes awry. Having everything within reach ensures you won’t waste precious time rummaging through a jumbled mess when needed most.
3. Versatile Size & Lightweight Design: Exploring Europe often involves long days packed with sightseeing adventures and city escapades. A lightweight yet spacious purse is ideal to carry all your essentials without weighing you down throughout the day. Consider opting for adjustable straps so that you can wear it comfortably.
Whether you’re exploring a bustling city or embarking on a scenic road trip, here are some things to consider when choosing the best purse for traveling:
1. Size matters: Opt for a purse that is compact yet spacious enough to fit all your essentials comfortably. You don’t want something too big and bulky that will weigh you down or be difficult to maneuver through crowded places.
2. Organizational bliss: Look for a purse with multiple compartments or pockets so that you can easily organize and locate your belongings. This will save you from rummaging through a jumbled mess every time you need something.
3. Security first: Safety is of utmost importance during your travels. Ensure the chosen purse has secure closures like zippers or flaps, which will prevent pickpockets from accessing your valuables effortlessly.
4. Lightweight and durable: Since internal travel involves moving around frequently, make sure your purse is lightweight yet sturdy enough to withstand wear and tear. Consider materials like nylon or leatherette that are both durable and easy to clean.
5. Comfortable straps or handles: Choose a bag with adjustable straps or handles that can be worn crossbody or over the shoulder, depending on what suits you best. This should distribute weight evenly across your body.
6. Versatility in style: Pick a versatile design that complements various outfits during your travels so that it remains stylish no matter where you go–from casual outings to more formal events.
7. RFID protection bonus: In this digital age, it’s essential to keep yourself protected against identity theft while traveling internationally as well. Consider selecting a purse with built-in RFID-blocking technology; this will safeguard any credit cards or passports stored in your bag.
8. Weather-friendly features: Depending on your travel destination, consider a purse that is weather-resistant or comes with a waterproof cover to protect your belongings during unexpected rain showers or other weather conditions. Remember, the perfect purse for international travel should combine functionality, security, comfort, and style. So, before you embark on your next adventure, keep these tips in mind to find the ideal companion that will enhance your travel.
When it comes to finding the best travel bag for Europe, it’s important to consider both style and functionality. With so many stunning cities to explore and diverse cultures to immerse yourself in, you’ll want a bag that not only looks great but also keeps your belongings secure and organized. Whether you opt for a versatile backpack or a sleek rolling suitcase, prioritize durability and comfort. Remember that traveling light is key, so choose a size that suits your needs without weighing you down.
I hope you find this post helpful in picking the best purses for travel in Europe.
Related: The Best Shoes For Trendy Moms
Best Purses For Travel In Europe FAQs
What is the best handbag to travel within Europe?
Versatile Crossbody Bags: If convenience is your top priority while exploring then crossbody bags are an absolute game-changer. These hands-free companions allow you to keep all your essentials within easy reach while leaving you free to snap photos or indulge in some gelato without worrying about misplacing your bag.
Spacious Tote Bags: For those who prefer carrying more than just their daily essentials—think extra layers for chilly evenings by Prague Castle or picking up souvenirs from Madrid’s bustling markets—a roomy tote bag is a must-have!
Secure Anti-Theft Backpacks: When navigating busy tourist attractions or hopping on crowded public transportation systems in cities like London or Berlin, keeping your valuables secure becomes crucial.
Belt Bags: Who said fashion can’t be functional? Belt bags (also known as fanny packs) have made an impressive comeback, and they’re perfect for fashion-forward travelers exploring trendy destinations.
What to put in your purse when traveling?
1. Travel documents: Your passport (don’t leave home without it!), identification cards, travel insurance information, and any necessary visas or permits.
2. Money essentials: Carry a mix of cash (both local currency and some US dollars as a backup) and credit/debit cards for convenience. It’s always wise to have emergency cash tucked away too.
3. Gadgets and chargers: Your phone is undoubtedly an indispensable companion while traveling. Don’t forget your charger/adapters to stay connected wherever you go. Consider packing a power bank for those long days out exploring.
4. Snacks and water bottles: Keep yourself hydrated by carrying a reusable water bottle – it’ll save money and the environment! Tossing in some energy bars or small snacks can also be handy during unexpected delays or hunger pangs.
5. Meds & first aid kit: Pack any prescription medications you need along with basic first aid supplies like band-aids, painkillers, antihistamines (in case of allergies), and any other personal medical items required.
What is the safest type of purse to travel with?
1. Purses with anti-theft features: When it comes to travel purses, prioritize those equipped with anti-theft features. Also, consider bags with slash-proof straps and materials that discourage pickpockets.
2. Crossbody Bags for Hands-Free: Crossbody bags are a fantastic choice for travelers as they provide hands-free security without compromising style or accessibility.
3. Hidden Compartments & Zipper Closures: Purses with multiple hidden compartments and zipper closures add an extra layer of safety during your travels.
4. Go Compact: Smaller purses are generally safer options because of their ability to stay close by. They allow you to keep better track of your belongings and minimize any chances of misplacing important items.
Should I carry a purse in Europe?
Carrying a purse can be both stylish and practical while exploring Europe. It allows you to keep all your essential items like wallet, phone, passport, maps, and other valuables securely organized. Plus, who doesn’t love accessorizing their outfits with a fabulous bag that complements their style?
While Europe is generally safe for travelers, it’s always wise to exercise caution and prioritize safety.
Always consider your destination.