Hey mama, I’m here to help you with your Thanksgiving planning woes with my printable Thanksgiving planner! I know, I know, you’re probably thinking “Who needs a planner for a single meal?” But trust me, when it comes to orchestrating the grand feast, it can be so overwhelming to keep everything together. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays and we have families coming from different directions with different dietary needs.
I needed something that would help me keep track of recipes (I’m such a recipe follower) and grocery lists to the number of people coming (and potential family feuds LOL). This Thanksgiving dinner planner will have you feeling like the CEO of Thanksgiving in no time and you’ll have it available and ready to print each year.
Let’s get into the details
Components of a Printable Thanksgiving Planner
A printable Thanksgiving planner can be your best friend for staying organized and on top of all the preparations. Here are all the essential components included in this holiday meal planner for planning Thanksgiving:
1. Menu Planning: The first component of this printable Thanksgiving planner is a Thanksgiving meal planner. This section includes space for all the dishes you plan to serve, including appetizers, main courses, side dishes, desserts, snacks, and beverages. Let this serve as your Thanksgiving menu template.
There’s also a shopping list section. Here you can write down items you may need like paper plates, utensils, cups, and napkins for your guests.
2. Printable Thanksgiving Grocery List: Having a detailed grocery list is huge for avoiding last-minute trips to the store during the busy holiday season. Your printable planner has an area dedicated to writing down all the ingredients needed for each recipe, divided into categories such as produce, dairy, meats, and spices to make shopping easier.
3. Thanksgiving Guest List: Can you really have a getting ready for Thanksgiving checklist without space for your guest list? Of course not. Keep track of who’s coming, including how many kids they’re bringing.
There’s a column for:
- Items they’re bringing, if any.
- How many adults and kids?
4. Two Months Undated Calendar: You’ll receive 2 undated printable calendars with a note section for the months of October and November. You can use these to plan out what needs to be done each day leading up to Thanksgiving.
5. Thanksgiving Timeline Worksheet: A complete Thanksgiving day schedule. This schedule runs from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. You have space to jot down what needs to be done hour by hour.
Tips for Maximizing the Use of Your Printable Thanksgiving Planner
Here are some tips to help you make the most of your planner:
- Customize Your Planner: Before diving into planning mode, take a moment to personalize your printable Thanksgiving planner. Add your name or a fun quote on the cover page to give it some personality.
- Start Early & Prioritize: The key to a successful Thanksgiving celebration has everything to do with planning. Jot down everything you need to accomplish–from grocery shopping and meal prep to cleaning and decorating ideas. Once your list is ready, prioritize each task.
- Break It Down: Tackling big projects can be overwhelming, so break them down into smaller tasks within your printable planner. So, for example, if cooking the big feast seems overwhelming, use your Thanksgiving menu planner to divide it into steps like creating a menu plan or making a grocery list for specific recipes.
- Use Time Blocks: Time management is important during busy holidays like Thanksgiving. Use the time block sections in your planner by assigning specific periods for different activities like cooking, cleaning, or spending quality time with family and friends.
- Delegate & Collaborate: Don’t hesitate to delegate tasks among family members or friends. Give everyone the chance to contribute to help reduce stress. Use the “Notes” section in your printable planner as a tool for tracking who is responsible for what.
- Get Creative: Your printable Thanksgiving planner is not just a tool for organization; you can get creative and have fun! Use colored pens or stickers to add some flair to your planning.
- Print multiple copies if you need to. If you are having a rather large gathering, you may need to print the grocery list twice.
Related: Halloween Baby & Toddler Pajamas
Why Plan For Thanksgiving
1. Stress reduction: If you’ve planned a Thanksgiving gathering then you know how overwhelming it can be. With sections for guest lists, menu planning, shopping lists, and even timelines for cooking and preparation, you’ll have everything in one place. No need for last-minute panic.
2. Timesaving magic: A printable planner streamlines your holiday preparations by keeping all essential information organized.
3. Budget-friendly: The cost is inexpensive and the grocery and shopping list can help you keep track of your expenses. Hosting Thanksgiving can quickly become expensive if not carefully planned out. From grocery lists that prevent unnecessary purchases to cost breakdowns for each dish, you’ll stay within budget.
4. Year-round usefulness: While this one was made for Turkey Day it can be used for any holiday and birthdays. Use it beyond just one day!
So there you have it! With this Thanksgiving planner in your hands, you’ll be able to handle turkey day with ease. Gone are the days of frantic last-minute grocery store runs and forgotten side dishes.
If you are ever interested in giving your time on Thanksgiving, check out Feeding America for ways to volunteer.
Happy planning and happy cooking. Enjoy!